I'm Shaina. I just graduated in May from a beautiful little college on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I have since moved back home to the Annapolis area, and am in the process of landing a job while selecting graduate schools to apply to this fall. I received a BSc in Psychology with a concentration in Behavioral Neuroscience, and minored in French Studies.
A peek into my life this summer: Most mornings, I would wake before everyone else in the house and say good morning to Koko, the biggest Maine Coon I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'd then tiptoe outside, usually still in my pajamas. Drinking a cup of chai tea, I would water the plants and decide which vegetables and herbs to pick and use in that day's lunch. Sometimes, a friend would call, or my sister and I would get antsy sitting in the cabin, and we would make plans to go into Downtown Annapolis. There, we would eat sushi, sit in City Dock Coffee and watch the hipsters, walk along the harbor and point out the sailboats we wanted when we got rich, and talk about life.
I talked about life a lot this summer, mainly because I am trying to figure out how to make my own the best it can possibly be. My goals are innumerable, and that makes it difficult to pinpoint the ideal path to reach them. I'm getting there, though, one step at a time.
True to form, I have a lot of goals for this blog. I want to ponder society. I want to talk about scientific progress. I want to critique today's educational system. I want to discuss politics. I want to share good books, art, music, and recipes. And I want to talk about me and this journey I'm taking through time, at least a little bit . . . indulge me, if you'd be so kind.
Koko

No comments:
Post a Comment